To ombré or not to ombré?

So I have recently reached the milestone of officially having "long" hair. I believe my current length is the longest my hair has ever been in my life. I would always try to grow it out but would end up getting bored and would head to the hair salon to cut it short every time it got near my shoulders. I definitely like longer hair and thanks to Pinterest, awesome tutorials (Thanks TheEveryGirl!!) and the bloggers I follow I now know different ways of styling my hair. However, I am getting that itch again of having something new...but I don't want to reach for the scissors and I don't want to commit to highlights and/or a different color that would be hard to maintain. So what to do?? 

OMBRÉ!! 

And no, I didn't mean to write "man" in Spanish and forgot the "h". Ombré is having colors or tones that shade into each other...or at least that's what the dictionary told me it means. I have seen this style all over the magazines and on some of my favorite actresses/celebrities. My hairstylist told me that it originated as a trend during the financial crisis when people didn't want to commit to a hair color that they would have to maintain on a consistent basis. So it's a hairstyle that reflects the current social and economical state of the world?? It would be like a walking 20/20 special on my head! SOLD - But what do you guys think? Should I go for it??




Comments

Post a Comment